Home Care Tax Credit

Home & Away Care can guide you through the Home Care Tax Credit process.

Tax relief can be claimed by the person who pays the cost of the homecare package at their marginal rate of tax ( either 20% or 40% ).

You simply complete a form called HK1 Claim for Allowance for Employing a Carer (link to form below) which is attached to a leaflet called IT 47 entitled Employed Person Taking Care of an Incapacitated Person. This allows you to claim a tax allowance if you are caring for a relative or a spouse who is deemed incapacitated due to physical or mental infirmity .For more information just contact Joan our HomeCare manager who will talk you through the process and support you every step of the way.

IT 47: Employed Person taking care of an Incapacitated Individual

HK1: Claim for Allowance for Employing a Carer